BORN AT GOOGLE AND BACKED BY BRAIN SCIENCE
Search Inside Yourself (SIY) is a unique two-day workshop that was developed and refined at Google. The workshop focuses on the five key domains of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills – with mindfulness practice, science and leadership applications fully integrated at all levels.
Search Inside Yourself is highly interactive and trains people to optimize performance, improve leadership skills and increase well-being. Each session is approximately one-third content and two-thirds skill training. Skill training includes individual, paired and group exercises consisting of attention training, active listening with verbal feedback, writing exercises and emotion regulation.
SIY helps organizations address some of their most difficult challenges:
- Building resilience in times of rapid change
- Helping leaders solve not just technical but adaptive problems, which have no clear answers
- Supporting people to thrive in a fast-paced, connected world without boundaries
- Creating an inspired workplace that supports true human development
SEARCH INSIDE YOURSELF’S THREE STEPS
Attention is the basis of all higher cognitive and emotional abilities. Train attention to create
a quality of mind that is both calm and alert. This quality of mind forms the foundation for emotional intelligence.
Self-knowledge and self-mastery
Use trained attention to understand cognitive and emotional processes. This knowledge provides the individual with the ability to regulate and master emotions.
Create useful habits and leadership skills
Develop the habits of leading with compassion and communicating with insight. These habits can be trained and can create trust that leads to highly productive collaborations.
Introduction, Mindfulness, Emotional Intelligence, Self-awareness
- Introduction to emotional intelligence
- Introduction to mindfulness
- The neuroscience of mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Intuition and decision-making
- The theory, practice, and science of meditation
- Self-awareness at work
- Nine key emotional intelligence competencies
- science of self-awareness and self-regulation
Self-regulation and Motivation
- Emotional regulation
- Understanding triggers
- Self-regulation model
4 WEEKS FOLLOW UP EXERCISES & CONTENT
- Sustaining and integrating the practices and benefits of Search Inside Yourself
- Partnered conversations with participants from your cohort
- An online debrief session to reunite, answer questions and provide direction forward